#1 MotoMummy

Parts Bitch

• Administrators
  • 3,403 posts
  • Bike: 07 GSXR 1000 & 99 R1

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:05 PM

Attached Image: ecunleasheddealer.jpg

https://www.motomumm...&cat=624&page=1

I'm sure that many of you have heard of ecu flashing over the last year or two. We have been following it closely and watching it evolve and waiting for it to reach a point where it is today. The biggest problem with it, compared to the car market, is the lack of information on the bike side. So we are going to keep a lot of the information in this thread. If you have any questions, something to add, etc, this is the place to post it.

Overview: ECUnleashed is a flash. So the stock ecu is flashed. There is no hardware, software, etc that you're given. You send your ECU to us and we hook up a small computer, shown below and flash/program the ecu and then we send your ECU back to you with the new parameters programmed in. You then just plug your ECU back into your bike and you're done.

What exactly is changed inside my ECU? Your ECU is constantly altering data, sending data, and receiving data from all the sensors an aspects of the bike. ECU tuning will change how your ECU uses this data, when it sends check engine lights, alter the fuel and timing maps, etc. The stock is limited and held back by many variables. One of the most hindering aspects is passing emissions. ECUnleashed goes in and alters hundreds to thousands of variables in an effort to give you the best performing bike. However, the downside, like all aftermarket parts, is that ECUnleashed is for off road use only (same as powercommander, Bazzaz, all exhausts, etc).

Will any bike see a difference with ECUnleashed? Yes! Every bike will notice a difference on deceleration/engine braking, smoother throttle, smoother off throttle, and on most all bikes a power increase is given. Such as the R1's 4-10hp is achieved at different parts of the powerband. On Suzuki's you won't need to buy a TRE or plug for your oem steering damper if you go with an aftermarket damper as the ecu code for the set valve and steering damper have been removed. You can raise the idle of your bike, when the fans kick in for the radiator, etc.

Do I need a Powercommander or Bazzaz? This is one area that we have seen lots of miss information on. The answer is no and yes. It's no in that the ECU is flashed for fuel based on if you have a slipon or full exhaust. However, it's a generic map and not a custom map for your bike. On some bikes it may be dead on and on others it may be a bit off. However, if you're going to spend this kind of money (on ECUnleashed) to have your bike running this much better why not maximize it and get a Powercommander or Bazzaz with a custom dyno tune or the auto tuner or Zafm. With ECUnleashed you cannot use the downloaded Powercommander maps anymore as they are designed for a stock ecu. So only run a fuel controller if you self tune it with the auto tuner or Zafm, or if you get a custom dyno tune. This is also the best route to take as it gives you options to change the exhaust, put the fueling back to stock to remove the exhaust, etc. A piggy back fuel controller is very versatile and offers a lot and ECUnleashed isn't a replacement for one as fuel maps is just a tiny part of what ECUnleashed does. It does much, much more.

What if I already have a Bazzaz or Powercommander? ECUnleashed will still give you many benefits as tuning is just a small bit of what ECUnleashed does. However, you would need to remap your fuel controller after you have your ecu flashed. If you have the Auto Tuner or Zafm this can be done by you, however if you don't you should get a custom dyno tune as you will need a new map to adjust for all the changes that ECUnleashed has made. However, once done you can't get your electronics or tuning any better then ECUnleashed combined with a custom tune.

Why do I need ECUnleashed, or any fuel controller as my bike has sensors in the airbox?
The bikes will compensate for a small percentage of change but they are all based on set internal mapping. They will not self adjust fuel to a significant increase in air flow......... throughout an entire power band. For instance a full exhaust system.This requires the internal fuel maps to be adjusted appropriately. Plus, once we have altered other internal parameters like ignition, dwell time etc.... the fuel maps must be optimized to accommodate for these changes.

Will this help my Herky/Jerky issue? Some bikes are known to be "Herky/Jerky" and ECUnleashed works with the fuel, timing, and all of the variables the manufacturer did to optimize them not only for power, but also to be smooth. Anyone with track experience knows that being smooth is key. ECUnleashed works with Graves and many other race teams to enhance the bike to what a racer would like. One example would be leaving the fuel injectors on while you let off the throttle. This helps with engine braking and greatly helps corner entry at the track. Power is only one aspect that ECUnleashed reach for, smoothness and driveability/rideability are another. Unlike piggy back fuel controllers, working with the internal ECU offers many advantages as you can tune by rpm, gear, throttle position and alter the timing and other aspects as well to achieve the desired result.

Back to Stock? Yes, we can flash your ECU back to stock should you ever want it back to stock for resale or what not. A small fee does apply.

Basic list of changes per bike brand?
Click here to download the list

Is all ECU flashing the same? No, there are some different companies and people that do it. However, ECUnleashed is the only reputable company at this time. ECUnleashed is a leader in ecu flashing. They flash everything from the Nissan GTR, Ferrari's, sportbikes, snowmobiles, etc. Not only have they optimized the flash to change every variable they can to give it the max performance, but you also get access to their database when you go with ECUnleashed. They have maximized the potential to the absolute best that they could. The resources they have is vast and they spend a lot of time building each tune/flash!

Specific Bike Changes? This is a list of changes that ECUnleashed does for a specific brand, model, and year of bike.
  • 09-2011 R1: 9.5rwhp gain. Removes the stock ecu closed loop tuning so you can run the dynojet auto tuner w/o having it fight the ECU. There is no need for the o2 optimizer/controller when you're ecu has been flashed and you should remove it. Enhances the fly by wire so you can reach full throttle. Removes the throttle restriction on US bikes above 12k rpm. Bike will start in A mode after the flash. A mode is the most powerful mode with everything done for max performance. Stnd mode still has more power then any other mode in stock form, but it is trimmed down from A mode a hair, tons of power but a bit more forgiving and very rideable. B mode is unchanged from stock and designed for "rain".
  • 09-2011 VMAX: 22rwhp gain. Throttle restriction removed. Increased top speed.
  • 2011 ZX10R: 15rwhp gain. Speed and Rev limit increased. On this model the server check engine light cannot be eliminated due to how Mitsubishi programmed the ECU.
  • 06+ R6: Some of the best deceleration maps out there. Makes a very drastic difference in rideability at the track.
  • 06-07 GSXR 600/750: At this time the check engine lights can not be removed on this ecu.
  • 07-2012 CBR 600RR: 7-8 hp gain on the 600RR on a stock bike with just the flash! Rev limit on the 600RR increased to 15,800rpm. This model requires sending to us and then we send them to ECUnleashed as they are a very complicated ECU to flash compared to other models. The turn around time is around 2 weeks. You can pick the idle you want, rev limiter, it fully alters the ignition for the best performance so you no longer need to run a the Bazzaz Zbomb or Dynojet IRC. Top speed eliminator removed. ECUnleashed has more control over the internal parameters in the factory ECU than "race kit ECU's" offers. Where the Kit ECU continues to restrict things like Ignition Advance and/or Rev limit, we have unlimited control giving us the ability to attain maximum performance and ride-ability from the Honda CBR's. Supersport team in Europe track tested the flash.
  • 08-2012 CBR 1000RR: 16hp increase with reflash and Akrapovic full exhaust. Akrapovic full exhaust offers 6-7hp where the flash offers 9-10 hp. HP gain and torque in the entire range. Rev limiter increased to 14,100rpm. Our revised throttle maps, ignition maps, and increased rev limit work together to create a much larger "sweet spot" in the power band without concerns or issues with bumping the Rev limit. We have more control over the internal parameters in the factory ECU than "race kit ECU's" offers. Where the Kit ECU continues to restrict things like Ignition Advance and/or Rev limit, we have unlimited control giving us the ability to attain maximum performance and ride-ability from the Honda CBR's. Tested by a super sport team in Europe for 3 months to ensure a perfect flash.
External Reviews/sources?

http://www.motorcycl...x10r-90631.html
http://ecunleashed.com/
http://m.sportrider....mods/index.html

08+ CBR1000RR dyno

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 2008-11_Honda_CBR1000RR_Reflash-AkraFull_VS_S.jpgTOCK (Medium).jpg

Corey
-------
Posted Image
Where all shipping is free.

#2 MotoMummy

Parts Bitch

• Administrators
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:11 AM

07+ 600RR Dyno graph
Attached Image: 22007-08_CBR600RR_stock_vs_reflash_107-114.jpg

Here is a bone stock 2010 R1 showing the huge gains with just a flash and not one other thing done.
Attached Image: motorcycleusa_2009R1_dyno.jpg

09 R1 tuned with leo slipon vs ECUnleashed
Attached Image: ECUnleashed 2009 r1 leo slipon.jpg

2011 GSXR 750 stock vs ECUnleashed dyno, Gained 7hp with nothing more then the flash
Attached Image: 2011-12_GSX-R_750_ECUnleashed_STOCK_Dyno_Graph.jpg

If you have any questions please post them up. This is the place where we'll answer all the questions regarding this product.
Corey
-------
Posted Image

#3 Cassidy

Buster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • Bike: 09 GSXR 750

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:32 AM

:+1
Posted Image
Sig brought to you by Steven32

#4 MotoMummy

Parts Bitch

• Administrators
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:48 AM

Attached Image: ECUnleashed_2012_Kawasaki_ZX14R_ECU_Reflash.jpg
2012 ZX14 gains 8hp with ECUnleashed flash.

A little video :)
Corey
-------
Posted Image

#5 motochad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

Good info!!
Posted Image

#6 MotoMummy

Parts Bitch

• Administrators
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:37 AM

Again, if anyone has any questions at all please let us know. We have noticed a lack of information and a lot of people have questions about this service around the internet so we wanted to have a place to consolidate the information.
Corey
-------
Posted Image

#7 Oldfart01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Bike: 07 GSXR 1000, XR650R

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:18 PM

Can we pick & choose what we want changed, ala carte style? I have a $500 custom tune on my PCIII, I would hate to have that redone. I would like the sixth gear ignition map, top speed restrictor removed, steering damper code removed. If that can be done, rough price? I've been dragging my feet to see if a TRE would come out to do this but it doesn't seem like you can do both with a TRE. I hope to do some more LSR next year once I'm back to normal again. (As normal as I get, anyway) Thanks mang.

#8 MotoMummy

Parts Bitch

• Administrators
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:52 PM

Oldfart: I'll be answering this soon in great detail :)

Sportrider October 2011 has their 2011 ZX10R gaining 15rwhp with just the ECUnleashed flash. No other mods at all.
Corey
-------
Posted Image

#9 brandon1239

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Bike: 08 GSXR 1000

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:29 PM

have you done it with the 07-08 gsxr? if so have you noticed big improvements?

#10 MotoMummy

Parts Bitch

• Administrators
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:29 PM

From the research we have done I'm sure we'll notice it. Will be doing it on the mummy bike in a few days :d
Corey
-------
Posted Image

#11 Mikenbiken

Member in Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Bike: K9 GSXR 750

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:35 PM

This is a very good thing for motorcyclists. I spent allot of time and money making these mods to my ECU by trial and error. The biggest problem has been that nobody has really understood what is going on in the ECU. I spent a bunch of time getting my ECU to where it is now, and I have just been waiting for a company to come along with the resources to spend the time to fully understand these ECUs and how we can translate that knowledge to better running fuel injected bikes. I really hope this is the start of that, and I applaud Motomummy for getting involved. I have heard good things about ECUnleashed. Quite a bit more expensive than the rest, but if they are legit, it'll be worth it. :hooray To justify the price, they are going to need to come to the table with allot of the stuff figured out that the others have not yet. Hope they do.

#12 MotoMummy

Parts Bitch

• Administrators
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:55 PM

ECUnleashed works hands in hand with Piasani engineering. It's not a matter of "if" they are legit. They are the worlds, or one of the worlds leading authorities on ECU's. In fact they are one of the only two companies in the world who got into and understood the GTR's ecu. They do everything from Lambo's, Ferrari's, GTR's, etc. The bike side is the easy side of ecu's compared to the car world. They are the ONLY company that flashes all bike manufacturers ecu's from ducati, yamaha, suzuki, honda, kawi, and much more. To be honest, they have no competition right now :fact
Corey
-------
Posted Image

#13 Cassidy

Buster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:25 PM

Here is my write up on my K9 750 for anyone who is interested and hasn't found the thread..... http://forum.motomum...72-ecunleashed/

TLDR, Its my favorite mod that the bike has undertaken and I would gladly spend the money again
Posted Image

#14 MotoMummy

Parts Bitch

• Administrators
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:17 PM

Got the mummy bike tuned/flashed and ready for a test ride now...
Corey
-------
Posted Image

#15 STEVEN

Baby faced MotoMummy fanboy.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Bike: '07 GSXR 600

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

View PostMotoMummy, on 04 October 2011 - 02:17 PM, said:

Got the mummy bike tuned/flashed and ready for a test ride now...

let us know how much of a difference it makes.
I want to do this, but I won't be happening for a while.
Posted Image
Hey guys, make sure you purchase your parts from this cool site called MotoMummy.com

#16 MotoMummy

Parts Bitch

• Administrators
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

Also one thing to note is that if you have any special requests put it in the customer comments of the order. Such as removing the steering damper check engine light, set valve check engine light, you want a custom idle speed, etc. Anything you're wanting done specifically you should state to avoid any confusion.
Corey
-------
Posted Image

#17 Cassidy

Buster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:29 PM

Lol so give us your rundown Corey. How did you like the changes on the mummy bike ?
Posted Image

#18 STEVEN

Baby faced MotoMummy fanboy.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Bike: '07 GSXR 600

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:53 PM

View PostCassidy, on 05 October 2011 - 07:29 PM, said:

Lol so give us your rundown Corey. How did you like the changes on the mummy bike ?

ya still waiting....
Posted Image
Hey guys, make sure you purchase your parts from this cool site called MotoMummy.com

#19 chewailau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Bike: 2009 R1

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:36 AM

Is this the same as the Jett Tuning ECU Unleashed?

If not, how is this system different?

#20 MotoMummy

Parts Bitch

• Administrators
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:43 AM

Yes, ECUnleashed has many dealers.
Corey
-------
Posted Image