178 replies to this topic

#161 glennryan_21

Member in Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Bike: HONDA CBR 600RR 2011

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

YES! not just good but GREAT! :hello heheh and if that happens, i would certainly get one for myself.. anyways, you guys have the records of your past customers so it wont be any hassle plus the serial would match to lessen any fraud. :)

View PostMotoMummy, on 14 January 2013 - 01:46 AM, said:

That is a good idea though having a cert or something. I will pass it on to ecunleashed for sure.

#162 dakotaspeir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Bike: 2008 Yamaha R6

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

So when I add the y-pipe on my 08 r6 to get rid of the muffler the ecu tune will allow my bike to work with it, rather than surging at idle/running rich/? Just checking.
2009 Cobalt SS/TC
2008 Yamaha R6
@dspeir on instagram

#163 MotoMummy

Parts Bitch

• Administrators
  • 3,403 posts
  • Bike: 07 GSXR 1000 & 99 R1

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

I'm not sure what you're asking? Are you looking at getting a flash after you install the ypipe or you already have a flash and are going to get a ypipe?
Corey
-------
Posted Image
Where all shipping is free.

#164 dakotaspeir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Looking to get a flash after I have the y-pipe installed. Read by putting a y-pipe on this caues your bike a/f to run all over the place and could cause the damange.
2009 Cobalt SS/TC
2008 Yamaha R6
@dspeir on instagram

#165 MotoMummy

Parts Bitch

• Administrators
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

It won't cause damage. You just need to tune it after you install the ypipe. By getting the flash it can be tuned for the ypipe. When you order the flash just make sure you list in the mods that you have a ypipe and no cat installed.
Corey
-------
Posted Image

#166 dakotaspeir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

View PostMotoMummy, on 20 January 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

It won't cause damage. You just need to tune it after you install the ypipe. By getting the flash it can be tuned for the ypipe. When you order the flash just make sure you list in the mods that you have a ypipe and no cat installed.

Alrighty man. I appreciate it. Expect an order from me after tax time haha
2009 Cobalt SS/TC
2008 Yamaha R6
@dspeir on instagram

#167 edanielsss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Bike: 2006 R1

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

What kind of gains can I expect from flashing my ecu on my 2006 R1? its got two brothers slip ons, velocity stacks, K&N filter, cat delete and PCV

thanks and looking forward to possibly getting my ecu flashed

#168 MotoMummy

Parts Bitch

• Administrators
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

It will remove some of the engine braking and also make things smoother with a small increase in power. It's not as beneficial for your year bike though as it is for the 07+ R1 as the electronics became much more prominent on the 07+
Corey
-------
Posted Image

#169 edanielsss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Bike: 2006 R1

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

I see, well thanks anyways... Any recommendations to gain more power?

#170 MotoMummy

Parts Bitch

• Administrators
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

If you have the basics done like exhaust, fueling, etc then there isn't much more unless you want to do engine work. I won't lie, it's very expensive to do quality engine work and nearly always it will be better and more cost effective to just upgrade the bike to a newer model if you want more power.
Corey
-------
Posted Image

#171 fallenangel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Bike: '11 zx6r

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

hey corey im trying not to beat a dead horse like the last nine pages i read but here goes nothing. my bike is a 2011 zx6r. mods going on it will be full leo vince evo 2 system bmc filter and factory pro v stacks. i also have a bazzaz and zfam to go on as well. i say going because it is still stock and i just got a base line dyno done. first question is do i have to put these mods in the comments when i send in my ecu or will it be ok without that knowledge? second question is would it be detrimental to have those mods flashed into my ecu and then if i happen to change pipes or filter or anything like that? third question is i noticed you said that it gets rid of the exhaust butterfly fi light. does this mean that i can get rid of the servo motor without a servo buddy and still have no fi light aka still be ok and just leave it unplugged? and lastly. would i benefit more from leaving my mods out of the flash and using the zfi and zfam to fine tune fueling or have the mods flashed in and still use the zfi & zfam to fine tune? i plan on getting a custom dyno tune when its all said and done. thanks and hope that wasnt too redundant. :)

#172 MotoMummy

Parts Bitch

• Administrators
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

Yes, you can get the flash done and not put the mods in there so that the fueling is left alone. The one reason I wouldn't recommend it though is this. It's not perfect for you set up of course, but will be close. If you then fine tune it with the Bazzaz/ZAFM it will be perfect. T he nice thins is this...if your Bazzaz ever dies on you or poops out your tuning is still okay as it's flashed in the ECU. This would be the benefit. If you don't care about this, then yes, you can have the flash done and leave the fueling out of it. Yes, we can also remove the check engine lights for you.
Corey
-------
Posted Image

#173 fallenangel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Bike: '11 zx6r

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

thanks for the info. actually just picked up a second ecu to send in and get flashed. will be getting everything flashed into it and keep my stock one for when/if i ever sell or take it in to the shop. last question i can possibly think of. my second ecu is from an 09 zx6r. will the flash be the same for a 2009 as it would for my 2011? i know they are pretty much the same bike but idk if the base maps are the same and whatnot? should i put in comments flash for an '11?

thanks again and you guys rock!!

#174 MotoMummy

Parts Bitch

• Administrators
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

Yes, you will be okay. I'ts the same bike. I would put comments that it's from a 2011 going into an 09 though.
Corey
-------
Posted Image

#175 glennryan_21

Member in Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

hey corey! any luck regarding the certificates we mentioned before? i would love to have one of this. this would increase the value of my bike. lol anyway, till now still cant figure out if this is my bike since i have my ECU unleashed.. its like i cant control the power.. oozzing...! perfect mod for my bike... highly recommended! no regrets or whatsoever!

#176 MotoMummy

Parts Bitch

• Administrators
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:19 AM

I would recommend emailing ECUnleashed about the certificates. Very glad you like the bike after the ECUnleashed flash. It's a great flash for sure and they really do their homework which is what places them as the industry standard for flashes.
Corey
-------
Posted Image

#177 glennryan_21

Member in Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

hey corey! am back! now the time has come for an upgrade.. and i would be selling my old one.. as i mentioned before that it would be great as an add-on if there were any proofs that we had our ECU unleashed.. now my question is will you guys (motomummy) give any proofs like certificate or ereceipts that we had ours done through you guys? :) id appreciate any reply.. thanks bud.

#178 sketty20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Bike: 2013 GSXR 750

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:18 PM

Disclaimer* This is my opinion taken from my experience with ECUnleashed.

I personally will not deal with this company. Here is why.

I bought a 2013 GSXR 750 used. The previous owner had a full exhaust, K&N filter and the ecu flashed by these guys. When i bought it the bike had no low to mid power, erratic idle, lean afr at idle and threw codes. I bought a PCV and auto tune just to make the bike rideable and take care of the codes. But i still have an issue with the idle part. I contacted them asking if they could flash my ecu back to stock, they tried to charge me $450. LOL are you kidding me?! After further emailing i got them down to $250 but that's still way too much for just hooking it up to a computer and returning the ecu to stock. Now i know i didn't pay the original bill to have it flashed but since the ecu is causing the issues and they were the ones that flashed it you would think they would work with me to get the bike to operational condition. Now i have to pay someone else to flash my ecu back to stock. After talking with the guy who is going to flash my ecu there have been other horror stories about these guys. Lets just say I'm lucky to still have a running bike.... for now. No telling the damage that's already happened to my motor...

#179 sketty20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Bike: 2013 GSXR 750

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:32 PM

So to further my claim against this company(ecunleashed). After being able to access the ecu and see what they changed I was able to find that they took 10% fuel out and advanced the timing 12 degrees for a exhaust and air filter tune. This is an insane tune and extremely dangerous to the engine. The worst part is they LIED about everything the year done. I asked them specifically if hey raised my idle and they said no. In terms ecu it was raised to 1550 and was running lean because the fuel they took out. I can't believe the WY they run their business. They put a dangerous tune on my bike the lie about it and try to charge me $450 to change back to stock which I would not let them do now knowing what I know. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY WILL RUIN YOUR BIKE AND TELL YOU IT'S ALL ON YOU!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users